Featured Gateway Chart
Carrier CEOs issue COP28-linked statement urging action on energy transition
The rare joint statement reiterates earlier comments by container lines that a greenhouse gas pricing mechanism is needed to make green fuel competitive with traditional bunkers during the phase when both fuels will be in use.
THE Alliance diverts ships through Suez ahead of Panama Canal transit cuts
Liner operators in THE Alliance will switch transits on three services as low water levels on the Panama Canal reduce the number of ships that can use the main artery for container trade between the US East Coast and Asia.
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- Bankrupt Yellow suspends auction of 147 leased terminals until Dec. 18
- Big US LTL carriers reap lion’s share of Yellow terminals in auction
- THE Alliance diverts ships through Suez ahead of Panama Canal transit cuts
- Carriers weigh options after Red Sea route threatened by missile attacks
- Shippers weigh costly routing changes against possibility of East Coast strike