Featured Gateway Chart
Rate spread between US East-West coasts erodes amid shifts in volume, sourcing
The long-standing spread, typically about $1,000, is now half that as volume growth returns to West Coast ports and shippers increasingly tap into Southeast Asia manufacturing.
J. B. Hunt shakes up Mexico-US intermodal market with Ferromex deal
The largest US domestic intermodal provider will no longer partner with CPKC on cross-border loads destined for the Midwest and West Coast, in the latest shifting of alliances on new services between Mexico and the US.
Shippers remain slow to embrace more expensive green shipping services
Carriers are reporting some successes in convincing shippers to use their emissions-reduction services, but acceptance of premium — and costly — green products remains a hard sell in a market where rate levels are at record lows.
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- Control of US LTL capacity in 2024 hangs on sale of Yellow terminals
- Carriers weigh options as Panama Canal restrictions become a fact of life
- Soft US import volumes crimping container availability for agricultural exports
- ONE readies India-US East Coast service as part of 2024 network rollout
- Virginia’s resins export market gets boost with new $60 million investment