Montreal’s uncertain mega-project opens window for Halifax, Saint John
Halifax and Saint John are expanding their container terminals as Class I railroads see an opportunity to serve major inland destinations from the Eastern Canadian ports.
Featured Gateway Chart
Flexport lost touch with customers under brief Clark reign: Petersen
Flexport founder and CEO Ryan Petersen refused to pin the blame for the company’s abrupt change in leadership on waning freight demand, saying the forwarder “has been through worse macro environments.”
MSC makes bid for a half-stake in Hamburg’s main terminal operator
The carrier has made a cash offer to acquire just under 50% of HHLA in a deal that will significantly expand its terminal and intermodal reach.
SSA aims for US Gulf, Southeast port growth as Ceres deal closes: CEO
The head of terminal operator SSA Marine says ports along the US Gulf and Southeast have a strong cost advantage over the West Coast that is fueling their growth, with that gap only expected to widen.
Flexport’s bumpy evolution shows, ultimately, people and relationships matter
As many have observed in disparaging the notion of a “digital” forwarder, of which Flexport was the prototype, forwarding at its core is a business of people solving real-world problems for which there is not — and probably never will be — a technology solution, writes Peter Tirschwell.
Bed Bath & Beyond files FMC complaint against Yang Ming in capacity dispute
The new allegation against Yang Ming comes less than a week after the carrier settled a dispute with another US importer, also over allegations it failed to honor vessel capacity commitments.
- Aggressive trans-Pac blank sailings likely through Lunar New Year amid freight downturn: sources
- Inland23: Industry not holding its breath for immediate freight recovery
- Inland23: Pandemic yields rise in US truckload thefts
- First green shipping corridor will connect Shanghai with Southern California
- Uncertain US shippers shifting freight, altering inventory strategies
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- Estes wins battle to control sale of Yellow terminals amid tightening LTL capacity
- US LTL shippers still juggling carriers, freight in wake of Yellow’s demise
- Dynamics behind Flexport’s leadership change signal digital forwarding’s natural endpoint
- Panama Canal draft restrictions offer sustained challenge for carriers
- More trans-Pac service cuts on tap for October as carriers seek to buoy rates