Featured Gateway Chart
Supreme Court declines to hear SC Ports’ appeal of Leatherman ruling
The decision to not hear the appeal leaves intact a ruling that allows the International Longshoremen’s Association to sue ocean carriers that use the Leatherman terminal, an apparent blow to the so-called “hybrid” labor model used in Charleston.
Oakland’s main terminal adds overnight shift to clear vessel backlog
The operator of Oakland’s largest container terminal said it will take about two weeks to clear the vessel backlog at Oakland International Container Terminal.
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- NS to eliminate Midwest service from Charleston, Savannah due to low volumes
- J.B. Hunt signs multiyear deal with Walmart, acquires container fleet
- FMC’s new rules to prevent truckers from being hit with D&D bills
- ‘Disciplined’ truckload carriers attempt to hold the line in annual pricing talks
- Oakland’s main terminal adds overnight shift to clear vessel backlog