Featured Gateway Chart
Soft US import volumes crimping container availability for agricultural exports
With peak season at hand for ag exports, shippers say weak US import volumes have constrained the supply of repositioned containers they need to send goods overseas, risking disruption to their supply chains.
UN climate conference comes amid shipping’s choppy path to decarbonization
Despite some pockets of progress, exactly how container shipping achieves decarbonization will likely remain an unanswered question until new zero-emission fuel standards are adopted, writes Peter Tirschwell.
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- Control of US LTL capacity in 2024 hangs on sale of Yellow terminals
- FMC judge rules in favor of HMM in rolled cargo complaint
- ONE readies India-US East Coast service as part of 2024 network rollout
- Soft US import volumes crimping container availability for agricultural exports
- Carriers weigh options as Panama Canal restrictions become a fact of life