Ro/ro executive Batista joins GPA as port gears up for expansion
A long-time ro/ro executive with Wallenius Wilhelmsen will shift his focus to container BCOs in a new position with the Georgia Ports Authority.
- Ro/ro executive Batista joins GPA as port gears up for expansion
- FMC commissioner drops bid to use OSRA-22 for emergency data sharing
- US LTL carriers look past downturn by expanding for next rebound
- Investors fuel drayage software provider PortPro with $12 million in funding
- NY-NJ marine terminals offering up more data to improve truck flow
Big Flexport layoffs offer potential clue to its future identity
Scrutiny over Flexport’s job cuts earlier this month points to a long-term issue for the venture-backed logistics company: a perceived lack of identity in a market that has long been skeptical of its differentiation.
Ocean shippers may ‘pay up’ for secure capacity despite weak market
Even as weak economic conditions prevail during the annual service contract negotiating cycle, it does not automatically mean shippers will be driving the hardest possible bargains with newly vulnerable carriers.
Vietnam sees surge in deep-sea vessel capacity amid trade sourcing shift
With an increased focus by importers on geopolitics and “friend-shoring,” carriers are shifting an increasing volume of deep-sea vessel capacity away to Vietnam — and away from China.
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- UP says all container traffic halted on its network between LA and Midwest
- ILWU 'sending message’ to West Coast terminals as contract talks drag on
- US truck freight recession is here, but not to stay: SMC3
- MSC, Maersk to end 2M Alliance amid divergent strategies on ocean capacity
- Vietnam sees surge in deep-sea vessel capacity amid trade sourcing shift