Freightify lands funding to target digital rate management in North America
Technology provider Freightify is aiming to empower forwarders to build an online quoting presence that would lessen their reliance on rate marketplaces.
- Freightify lands funding to target digital rate management in North America
- US LTL freight volumes starting to improve ahead of spring: ODFL
- Improved US cargo flow drives continued gains in trans-Pacific schedule reliability
- Early Lunar New Year stalls Asian air cargo recovery
- Sourcing shift from China pulls US import share to more than a decade low
Spread between East, West coast ocean spot rates returns to pre-pandemic levels
The premium rate that importers had been paying to ship Asian imports through the US East Coast has dropped considerably over the past few months, allowing the spread between East and West coast spot rates to narrow to pre-pandemic levels.
FMC drops bid to use OSRA-22 for emergency data sharing
A Federal Maritime Commission member’s attempt to force marine terminals and ocean carriers to share more data under OSRA-22 has ended with the normalization of the ocean freight market.
NY-NJ marine terminals offering up more data to improve truck flow
Last year’s container surge prompted a harder look at information sharing for container availability and port operations, which New York-New Jersey marine terminals are responding to with new data.
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- ILWU 'sending message’ to West Coast terminals as contract talks drag on
- UP says all container traffic halted on its network between LA and Midwest
- Sealand, Hamburg Sud names to disappear in broad Maersk rebranding
- Spread between East, West coast ocean spot rates returns to pre-pandemic levels
- MSC, Maersk to end 2M Alliance amid divergent strategies on ocean capacity