Inland23: US-Mexico trucking costs rising with cross-border demand
Cross-border trade with Mexico is one of the few hot spots in trucking, but fuel prices and other costs are putting more pressure on rates.
Featured Gateway Chart
More trans-Pac service cuts on tap for October as carriers seek to buoy rates
The decision to suspend a service outright may represent a new leg down in terms of ship capacity, which is expected to grow sharply this year and next.
Pandemic, shipping reform boost caseload for harried FMC
Shippers more than tripled their formal complaints in fiscal year 2022, emboldened by the maritime regulator’s sharpened focus on how ocean carriers interact with their customers.
Asia-North Europe blank sailings to soar in October amid capacity overhang
Ocean carriers on the busy trade lane plan to slash deployed capacity to match falling demand levels that typically follow China’s Golden Week holiday at the start of October.
Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd put shippers on notice ahead of European ETS surcharges
The phased implementation of Europe’s emissions trading system on the shipping industry beginning next year will generate significant costs for carriers that will be passed on to customers in the form of new charges.
Estes wins battle to control sale of Yellow terminals amid tightening LTL capacity
A US bankruptcy court approved a $1.525 billion bid by Estes Express Lines to be the “stalking horse” that sets the floor price for Yellow’s terminals at auction, controlling their sale in November.
- Inland23: Railroads vow service will remain strong when volume rebounds
- California drayage operators seek help meeting zero-emission regulations
- Inland23: Mexico-to-Southeast intermodal service due to launch in late ‘24
- SC Ports turns to US Supreme Court in bid for relief over Leatherman dispute
- Inland23: Intermodal providers expect unchanged rates in early 2024 bids
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- Montreal’s uncertain mega-project opens window for Halifax, Saint John
- Aggressive trans-Pac blank sailings likely through Lunar New Year amid freight downturn: sources
- Estes wins battle to control sale of Yellow terminals amid tightening LTL capacity
- Sourcing shift causes surge in South American logistics investment
- Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd put shippers on notice ahead of European ETS surcharges