US LTL carrier Estes hit by widespread systems outage
A systems outage that has left less-than-truckload carrier Estes grappling with email, website and data exchange issues is the latest such incident to befall the logistics and transportation industry.
Featured Gateway Chart
More trans-Pac service cuts on tap for October as carriers seek to buoy rates
The decision to suspend a service outright may represent a new leg down in terms of ship capacity, which is expected to grow sharply this year and next.
Pandemic, shipping reform boost caseload for harried FMC
Shippers more than tripled their formal complaints in fiscal year 2022, emboldened by the maritime regulator’s sharpened focus on how ocean carriers interact with their customers.
Asia-North Europe blank sailings to soar in October amid capacity overhang
Ocean carriers on the busy trade lane plan to slash deployed capacity to match falling demand levels that typically follow China’s Golden Week holiday at the start of October.
Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd put shippers on notice ahead of European ETS surcharges
The phased implementation of Europe’s emissions trading system on the shipping industry beginning next year will generate significant costs for carriers that will be passed on to customers in the form of new charges.
Estes wins battle to control sale of Yellow terminals amid tightening LTL capacity
A US bankruptcy court approved a $1.525 billion bid by Estes Express Lines to be the “stalking horse” that sets the floor price for Yellow’s terminals at auction, controlling their sale in November.
- FMC mediation office ramps up help for US shippers seeking dispute relief
- Asian air export rates rose in Q3 as cargo demand stabilized
- Europe’s coming ETS surcharges based on ‘guesswork’: Sea-Intelligence
- Inland23: US-Mexico trucking costs rising with cross-border demand
- Inland23: Railroads vow service will remain strong when volume rebounds
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- Aggressive trans-Pac blank sailings likely through Lunar New Year amid freight downturn: sources
- Montreal’s uncertain mega-project opens window for Halifax, Saint John
- Sourcing shift causes surge in South American logistics investment
- SC Ports turns to US Supreme Court in bid for relief over Leatherman dispute
- California drayage operators seek help meeting zero-emission regulations