Estes wins battle to control sale of Yellow terminals amid tightening LTL capacity
A US bankruptcy court approved a $1.525 billion bid by Estes Express Lines to be the “stalking horse” that sets the floor price for Yellow’s terminals at auction, controlling their sale in November.
Featured Gateway Chart
Flexport lost touch with customers under brief Clark reign: Petersen
Flexport founder and CEO Ryan Petersen refused to pin the blame for the company’s abrupt change in leadership on waning freight demand, saying the forwarder “has been through worse macro environments.”
MSC makes bid for a half-stake in Hamburg’s main terminal operator
The carrier has made a cash offer to acquire just under 50% of HHLA in a deal that will significantly expand its terminal and intermodal reach.
SSA aims for US Gulf, Southeast port growth as Ceres deal closes: CEO
The head of terminal operator SSA Marine says ports along the US Gulf and Southeast have a strong cost advantage over the West Coast that is fueling their growth, with that gap only expected to widen.
Flexport’s bumpy evolution shows, ultimately, people and relationships matter
As many have observed in disparaging the notion of a “digital” forwarder, of which Flexport was the prototype, forwarding at its core is a business of people solving real-world problems for which there is not — and probably never will be — a technology solution, writes Peter Tirschwell.
Bed Bath & Beyond files FMC complaint against Yang Ming in capacity dispute
The new allegation against Yang Ming comes less than a week after the carrier settled a dispute with another US importer, also over allegations it failed to honor vessel capacity commitments.
- LA-LB must do more to reduce port emissions despite 2022 declines: regulator
- August volume boost, FAK rate revisions drive India-Europe rates higher
- Trans-Atlantic blank sailings to ease despite loss-making rate levels
- More trans-Pac service cuts on tap for October as carriers seek to buoy rates
- Norfolk Southern teams with tech company to ease intermodal cargo flow
Top 5 Most Read Stories
- Estes expands international forwarding, raises bid for Yellow terminals
- Estes wins battle to control sale of Yellow terminals amid tightening LTL capacity
- Dynamics behind Flexport’s leadership change signal digital forwarding’s natural endpoint
- Largest US ports record 20%-plus declines in trans-Pacific imports
- Low rates, poor service to mark trans-Pacific trade amid capacity boom