- FMC order for MSC to justify congestion fee marks first under OSRA-22
- Sharp increase in capacity keeps trans-Atlantic rates under pressure
- MSC extends Asia-USWC string to India as primary market demand wanes
- US retailers’ global sourcing strategy will take time to develop: analysts
- US transport providers lose fewer jobs than expected in January
More News & Analysis
FMC order for MSC to justify congestion fee marks first under OSRA-22
The Federal Maritime Commission has exercised its first use of new legal authority under OSRA-22 requiring an ocean carrier to justify the reason behind levying a congestion surcharge against a shipper.
Sharp increase in capacity keeps trans-Atlantic rates under pressure
Carriers on the trans-Atlantic find themselves in the curious position of adding capacity to the trade while at the same time having to blank sailings to maintain the supply-demand balance.