32nd RISI North American Conference program combines supply and demand-side perspectives
Boston, October 9, 2017 (Press Release) – North America’s forest products markets face surprising challenges, from new US duties on Canadian lumber to uncertainty in China. Despite the noise of near-term disruptions, however, there are broader lessons to be drawn from underlying trends in fiber supply, trade policy, end-use markets, and more. RISI, the leading information provider for the global forest products industry, supports this discovery process with its 32nd annual North American Conference. From October 16-18, 2017, in Boston, MA, industry-leading analysts, economists, and executives will address key issues around three distinct but related themes:
Day 1, Wood Products
- Panel Discussion: Impact of the Ongoing Softwood Lumber Dispute
- Will Construction Jump or Slump in 2018?
- North American Particleboard & MDF Markets: Will Supply Issues Persist?
Day 2, CEO, the Economy, and Uncertainty Ahead
- The Global Economy
- CEO Panel Discussion: A Roundtable Discussion with the Region's Leading Executives
- Outlook on North American Housing Market: Will the Rise in Shelter Demand Finally Lead to Increased Shelter Production?
Day 3, Trade, Technology, and the New Tomorrow
- The U.S. Paper Industry in an Evolving Trade Agenda
- E-Commerce: A Game-Changer or Non-Event for Corrugated Boxes?
- A Willingness to Engage the Future Workforce: How, and Can You Commit?
Presenters include representatives from major manufacturers, trade associations, academia, the financial sector, and RISI economists and experts in timber, wood products, packaging, tissue, and the pulp and paper markets. Attendees can network with these industry leaders during lunches, breaks, and special cocktail hours.
About RISI (www.risi.com)
RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. The company works with clients in the pulp and paper, packaging, wood products, timber, biomass, tissue and nonwovens industries to help them make better decisions.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, RISI operates additional offices throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia.
For Press Enquiries, please contact:
Events Marketing Manager