HAROPA sales teams will participate, for the 4th time, into the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirits Fair, the biggest exhibition for Wine and Spirits, which will take place from November 7th to November 9th, inst.
HAROPA, the world leading port for the export of wine and spirits
Being a main event in Asia, the exhibition welcomes every year more than 1,000 exhibitors involved in this specialized business, especially wine producers and traders, welcoming more than 20,000 professional visitors.
HAROPA logistics solutions will be presented on the stand by various co-exhibitors: the CMA CGM Shipping Line, Balguerie freight forwarders, wine transport expert since 1930, Seafrigo, specialized in transport and temperature-controlled storage, and TGD Consolidations, providing temperature-controlled groupage services.
The various high times organized on the stand will detail the high quality of the HAROPA service offer, especially with Hong Kong and Asia – which benefits from more than two departures per day from Le Havre. – and on the prospects of this market: it should be noted that the export trade has experienced a 164 % growth between 2008 and 2012.
One billion bottles by the year 2015
HAROPA wishes “to strengthen its position as the world leader, Bruno le Gurun states, as HAROPA-Port of Le Havre Key Accounts Commercial Officer. More than 110, 000 TEU containers (over 940 million bottles) passed through HAROPA ports in 2012, coming from or going to the world biggest markets: USA, Canada, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, South Africa, Japan, Chile, etc.” The objective targeted by HAROPA is to emphasize its advantages to handle around one billion bottles by the year 2015.
HAROPA Wine and Spirits service offer
HAROPA provides numerous high value-added services for the logistics of wine and spirits:
- 2,600,000 m² of warehouses dedicated to cargo storage and transit.
- 55 warehouses dedicated to wine and spirits.
- Specialized carriers (food-compliant containers, ‘reefer’ containers, groupage containers including temperature-controlled containers).
- Simple administrative and customs procedures: e-procedures, import without paying VAT, European Union automated outward visa, release in real time of the deposits for circulation of the products subject to excise, customs clearance time of less than 5 minutes on average. 98% of the operations are carried out without any physical inspection of goods.
- ISO 28 000 certification of the Le Havre port authority.
- Scheduled inland connections provided by « wine shuttles », dedicated rail and river services from the main French producing regions: Alsace, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Champagne and Cognac.