JOPLIN, Mo. ‹ Aug. 2, 2010 ‹ Con-way Truckload, a full truckload carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today announced the 18 winners of its Drivers of the Month recognition for the second quarter of 2010.
³These exceptional drivers demonstrate the utmost in professionalism every day, and they are truly deserving of this honor for their hard work,² said Randy Cornell, vice president of safety, Con-way Truckload. ³We thank them for their superior performance and congratulate them on joining the impressive ranks of our Drivers of the Month.²
The following drivers were recognized by the company:
- Company Driver of the Month: Jose Hernandez joined Con-way Truckload as a student in 2006, and has since trained more than 20 students and driven roughly 505,000 miles. He currently lives in Eagle Pass, Texas, with his wife, Tanya, and their children, Emily and Joe. When he¹s not on the road, Hernandez enjoys cookouts and spending time with his family.
- Company Team of the Month: Al and Jenn Sidwell joined Con-way Truckload in 2005 and have been professional drivers for a combined total of 28 years.
The residents of Whipple, Ohio, have four children. They like to spend their free time fishing and riding all-terrain vehicles.
- Owner-Operator Driver of the Month: Thomas Rice began his driving career 34 years ago and started driving for Con-way Truckload in 1987. He has since driven more than 2.5 million miles. He currently lives in Arden, N.C., where he enjoys riding his motorcycle and spending time with friends.
- Owner-Operator Team of the Month: Stacy and Donna Moran have traveled more than 3.3 million miles for Con-way Truckload, with Stacy driving for the company since 1995 and Donna following him into the profession in 1998. Married for 26 years, the Granbury, Texas, couple has two children and five grandchildren. When they¹re not driving, Stacy likes to fish, camp and ride his motorcycle, while Donna enjoys spending time with their grandchildren.
- Company Driver of the Month: Chris Bennett has been driving professionally for more than 23 years. Since joining Con-way Truckload, he has driven more than 310,000 miles. A resident of Alamogordo, N.M., Bennett spends his spare time target shooting, fishing and spending time with his father.
- Company Team of the Month: Richard Dyer and Richard Dyer II are a father-son driving team based in Charlotte, N.C. Richard began driving eight years ago, while Richard II has been a professional driver for more than nine years. Richard has two children, Richard II and a daughter, and Richard II has a daughter. When they have time off, both enjoy bass fishing and riding their motorcycles.
- Owner-Operator of the Month: Santos Rangel began his professional truck driving career in 1994 and has driven more than 1.2 million miles since joining Con-way Truckload in 2001. Rangel currently lives in Mesquite, Texas, with his wife and two sons. In his free time, he likes fishing and being outdoors.
- Owner-Operator Team of the Month: Sokphat Sao and Mom Prom have been driving for a combined total of nine years, with Sokphat joining the company in 2006 and Mom in 2007. Currently based in Lexington, N.C., the couple has four sons. When they¹re not driving, they enjoy riding motorcycles and spending time with their family.
- Company Driver of the Month: Mark Corsaw became a Con-way Truckload driver in 2002 and has driven professionally for 12 years. Since he joined the company, he has driven more than 1.1 million miles. Corsaw lives in El Paso, Texas, with his wife and two children. In his free time, he spends time with his family and rides his motorcycle.
- Company Team of the Month: Lee Chapman and Bernard Richter have been professional drivers for three years and two years, respectively. Chapman is married and lives in San Diego, where he enjoys restoring classic cars.
Richter, a former mortgage broker, is also married and lives with his family of four in San Diego. He enjoys flying planes and sailing.
- Owner-Operator Driver of the Month: Roger Parker has been driving professionally for 15 years. Since joining Con-way Truckload in 2006, he has driven more than 510,000 miles. A resident of Ridgely, Tenn., Parker is married and has a daughter. When he¹s not on the road, he spends time fixing old cars and working in his yard.
- Owner-Operator Team of the Month: John and Sherry Hufford have driven more than 2.4 million miles since becoming Con-way Truckload drivers in 2000, and have been driving professionally since 1995. The couple has two children and one granddaughter, and resides in Bell, Fla. In their spare time, they enjoy spending time with their granddaughter and saltwater fishing.
Follow the company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Con_way_
Con-way equipment images are available at www.con-way.com/en/about_con_way/newsroom.
About Con-way Truckload
Joplin, Mo.-based Con-way Truckload is an operating company of Con-way Inc.
(NYSE: CNW) and a leading provider of expedited, time-definite full-truckload transportation services across North America. Formerly Contract Freighters, Inc. (CFI), Con-way Truckload today employs over 3,000 drivers with a fleet of more than 2,700 tractors and 8,000 trailers operating throughout the United States as well as internationally in Mexico and Canada. The company provides full-truckload transportation serving the transcontinental shipping needs of commercial and industrial businesses as well as sister company Con-way Freight. For more about Con-way Truckload, visit us on the Web at www.con-way.com/truckload or call (800) 641-4747.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW) is a $4.3 billion diversified freight transportation and global logistics company.
(417)623-5229, ext. 5359