Dec 16, 2013 10:24AM EST
Sr. Accountant - Newark, NJ
We are looking for a Senior Accountant that will prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and is involved in all aspects of the monthly close, quarterly forecast and annual budget process. This person will need to communicate effectively with members of the finance and other business departments, vendors, and customers.
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Assist with preparing sales tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Assist with preparing commission reports; analyzing and correcting discrepancies
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Other projects as assigned
BS in Accounting or Finance and 2 – 4 years’ experience in a finance group of an organization or public accounting experience required. CPA desired.
Strong accounting and analytical skills a must. Must be a good communicator, detail oriented and customer focused. Strong spreadsheet and general computer skills required. Has to be able to work to deadlines.