- Chairman Richard A. Lidinsky, Jr., announced that six FMC executives and managers have taken on new leadership responsibilities:
- Dr. Austin L. Schmitt is now serving as Director, Strategic Planning and Regulatory Review (202-523-5800, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sandra L. Kusumoto is now serving as Director, Bureau of Trade Analysis (202-523-5796, email@example.com).
- Vern W. Hill is now serving as Director, Bureau of Certification and Licensing (202-523-5787, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Jennifer M. Gartlan is now serving as Deputy Director, Office of Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services (CADRS) (202-523-5807, email@example.com).
- Jeremiah D. Hospital is now serving as Director, Office of Transportation Intermediaries, Bureau of Certification and Licensing (202-523-5843, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Ronald Podlaskowich is now serving as Director, Office of Agreements, Bureau of Trade Analysis (202-523-5793, email@example.com).
FMC Chairman Richard A. Lidinsky, Jr. stated: "I thank each of these talented individuals for taking on new responsibilities, which I believe will strengthen the FMC’s ability to tackle the challenges of supporting a dynamic maritime industry and better serving the American public."
The Federal Maritime Commission is the independent federal agency responsible for regulating the nation's international ocean transportation for the benefit of exporters, importers, and the American consumer. The FMC's mission is to foster a fair, efficient, and reliable international ocean transportation system while protecting the public from unfair and deceptive practices.