CHICAGO (Monday, September 9th, 2013)- Avalon Risk Management is proud to announce that for the third year in a row, Avalon is being recognized by Business Insurance’s 2013 Best Places to Work in Insurance. Business Insurance will reveal the final rankings in a special report in its October 21stissue.
Lisa Gelsomino, President/CEO of Avalon commented on the award. “Celebrating its 15th year in business, Avalon has been privileged to receive many prestigious awards over the past few years as we’ve continued to grow and improve our business. We’re proud to be a company that is not only recognized for our ability to service our clients, but also our ability to create a working environment where 100% of our employees will go above and beyond for our customers, each other and the community. We would like to thank our business partners, clients and employees for helping us achieve these awards, and we will continue to strive to be the best at what we do to deliver innovative surety and insurance products to the trade and logistics industry.”
The competition involves months of evaluation of companies that have created high-quality workplaces with traditional and nontraditional benefits. Companies are evaluated through a two part process. The first part, which is responsible for 75% of a company’s score, consists of a confidential employee engagement and satisfaction survey used to evaluate the workplace experience and company culture. The second part, consisting of the remaining 25%, incorporates an employer questionnaire which collects information about each company’s benefit programs, policy practices and other general company information.
Companies recognized this year offer benefits such as bonuses and mentoring programs, and go the extra step to provide employees with less traditional benefits such as flexible hours, weight-loss challenges, and more. These companies go beyond the expected and support the community through wellness events and charitable efforts.
Avalon Risk Management provides insurance and surety solutions to the transportation and logisticsindustries. Local service is provided through ten offices in major U.S. port cities and Toronto, Canada. Products include: Bonds, Marine Cargo Insurance, Professional Liability, Property & Casualty, Executive Risk and specialty auto programs including Truck, Courier and Paratransit.