Norfolk Southern’s Wick Moorman, chairman and CEO, today announced six senior management appointments at the Class I railroad:
- James A. Squires has been appointed president, effective June 1. He will be responsible for the company’s administration, finance, law and corporate relations and planning and information technology divisions. He joined NS in 1992 and served in several law positions before being named vice president of law in 2003, senior vice president of law in 2004, senior vice president of financial planning in 2006, executive vice president of finance in 2007 and executive vice president of administration in 2012.
- Cindy C. Earhart, currently vice president of human resources, has been named executive vice president of administration, starting June 1. She joined NS in 1985 as supervisor of subsidiary accounting. She served in accounting and IT positions before being named vice president of human resources in 2007.
- Juan K. Cunningham, currently assistant vice president of executive, has been promoted to the position of vice president of human resources, beginning June 1. Cunningham joined the company in 1973 as a management trainee in engineering. He served in positions of increasing responsibility in human resources before being named as assistant vice president of human resources in 2010 and to his most recent position in 2012.
- David T. Lawson, currently vice president of industrial products, has been named vice president of coal marketing, effective July 1. Lawson joined NS in 1988 as a sales representative and served in various capacities in the automotive supply chain group and as president of Modalgistics before becoming vice president of industrial products.
- Michael R. McClellan, currently vice president of intermodal and automotive marketing, has been appointed vice president of industrial products, starting July 1. McClellan joined Conrail’s general marketing and sales organization in 1985. In 1988, he was named assistant vice president of performance planning for NS and became vice president of intermodal and automotive marketing in 2000.
- Jeffrey S. Heller, currently group vice president of international intermodal, has been promoted to the role of vice president of intermodal and automotive marketing, which will take effect on July 1. Heller joined NS’s intermodal department in 1994 as a marketing manager and has served as group vice president of international intermodal since 2004.
All six senior management appointees are based in Norfolk, Va.
Additionally, NS has announced that Daniel D. Smith, senior vice president of energy and properties since 2003, has decided to retire after 37 years with the company, effective July 1.