After review applicants, the Port of Seattle’s commission today announced the finalists for a vacancy created by Rob Holland’s resignation.
The seven finalists will answer questions from the public during a forum on April 2, and the port commission will announce its final selection in late April or early May. The position will be on the November ballot, when King County voters will elect a commissioner to serve a four-year term.
The finalists for the port commission are:
- Stephanie Bowman, executive director of Washington ABC and member of American Association of Port Authorities.
- Darrell E. Bryan, president and CEO of Clipper Navigation, vice chair of the board of directors of Visit Seattle and member of the board of directors of Washington Tourism Alliance.
- Claudia Kauffman, intergovernmental affairs liaison for the Muckleshoot Tribe, co-founder of the Native Action Network and former state senator of the 47th District.
- Randy Loomans, director of government relations for the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 302 and member of the Public Stadium Advisory Board.
- Vicki Orrico, principal of Orrico Consulting and member of the Bellevue College board of trustees.
- Keith Scully, member of City of Shoreline Planning Commission, board member of King County Conservation Voters, legal director of Futurewise, “pro tem” commissioner of King County Superior Court’s juvenile division and attorney with Newman Du Wors.
- Nancy E. Wyatt, president and CEO of the Auburn Area Chamber of Commerce.