Starting Feb. 27, 2012:
- On-duty time will not include time resting in a parked commercial motor vehicle, or two hours in passenger seat before or after eight hours in sleeper berth.
- Maximum penalties ($11,000 per offense for carriers, $2,750 per offense for drivers) imposed for driving three or more hours beyond 11-hour limit.
- Oil field exemption allows certain drivers at oil fields to record waiting time as off-duty in paper or electronic logbooks.
Starting July 1, 2013:
- Rest breaks May drive only if eight hours or less have passed since end of driver’s last off-duty period of at least 30 minutes. Enforced July 1, 2013.
- “34-hour restarts” Must include two periods between 1 a.m.-5 a.m.; may only be used once per week. Enforced July 1, 2013.