Mediterranean Shipping Co. announced the first changes in its Asia-Europe services following its Dec. 1 agreement to combine some of them with CMA CGM.
MSC said Monday it plans to revise the port coverage of its existing Silk and Lion services and set up three new joint strings with CMA CGM. The changes, which are expected to result in a net reduction in the capacity MSC deploys on the Asia-Europe route, will take place at the beginning of March.
The three new joint services between the two carriers are:
- The Swan Service, which will be operated by CMA CGM with 11 vessels with capacities of 11,400 20-foot equivalent units on the following port rotation: Xingang, Pusan, Qingdao, Shanghai, Xiamen, Singapore, Port Kelang, Tangiers, Le Havre, Hamburg, Bremerhaven, Antwerp, Zeebrugge, Beirut, Jeddah, Port Kelang, Singapore and back to Xingang.
- The Condor Service, which MSC will operate with 11 4,000-TEU vessels, will have the following port rotation: Ningbo, Shanghai, Nansha, Hong Kong, Chiwan, Yantian, Vung Tau, Southampton, Hamburg, Bremerhaven, Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, Le Havre, Malta, Korfakkan, Port Kelang, Singapore, Yantian and back to Ningbo;
- The Jade Service, which will be operated jointly by the two carriers with nine 9,500-TEU vessels, will calls at the following ports on its rotations: Shanghai, Ningbo, Hong Kong, Chiwan, Yantian, Singapore, Port Kelang, Gioia Tauro, Malta, Tangiers, Port Kelang, Singapore, Vung Tau and back to Shanghai.
In addition, MSC said the revised port rotations of its existing Silk and Lion Services will be as follows:
- The Silk Service, which MSC will operate with 11 vessels of 14,000-TEUs of capacity, will have the following rotation: Dalian, Xingang, Kwang Yang, Pusan, Qingdao, Ningbo, Shanghai, Singapore, Port Kelang, Felixstowe, Zeebrugge, Antwerp, Rotterdam, Southampton, Valencia, Jebel Ali, Singapore, Hong Kong and back to Dalian;
- The Lion Service, which MSC will operate with 11 14,000-TEU ships, will call the following ports on its rotation: Ningbo, Shanghai, Xiamen, Chiwan, Yantian, Sines, Le Havre, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Felixstowe, Gioia Tauro, Singapore, Chiwan, Xiamen, Ningbo.