CSX Transportation is sticking with its earlier guidance to see core pricing gains of 4 to 5 percent during 2010 although its first-quarter price gains were at the top of that range.
Clarence Gooden, executive vice president for sales and marketing, told analysts in an April 14 conference call the company still looks for rate gains in that earlier forecast range.
CSX reported price gains of 5 percent in the quarter ending March 26 on what it calls “same-store” business, which is the company’s way of comparing freight activity on same lanes for the same commodities.
Gooden said the rail firm has “85 percent of our contractual business already signed and in place” for this year, and good visibility into how the remaining 15 percent may unfold. So he said he would stick for now with the company’s previous full-year rate increase guidance for overall business.
Contact John D. Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.