A Monthly Economic and Trade Outlook Report
JOC Insights is a monthly economic and trade outlook report covering all modes of transportation. Designed to help you forecast and plan, the report includes data, tables and charts combined with analysis and forward looking comments from the JOC's expert economist, Mario O. Moreno.
Each issue of JOC Insights includes:
- Introduction – a summary of the latest macro-economic indicators and current environment
- Shipping Economics – an update of the economic indicators which have a strong influence on maritime trade and transportation
- Shipping Prices – Freight rates for the international shipping markets
- Regional Container Trade – an overview of what is happening in the trans-Pacific, trans-Atlantic and US-South America trade lanes. Includes forward looking trends for the year ahead.
- Port Traffic – Tables highlighting the top US ports by TEU volume and top China ports by TEU volume
- Trucking – Concise and clear information on freight volumes, pricing and spot market movements
- Rail – Analysis of shipments and main commodity volumes on rail roads
- Top Commodities – Rotating deep dive analysis of major commodities, including charts, tables and analysis on selected sectors.
Already a JOC Member? UPGRADE your JOC Membership today to include JOC INSIGHTS!
About the Author of JOC Insights
Mario O. Moreno is a staff economist with The Journal of Commerce and PIERS, part of UBM Global Trade based in Newark, New Jersey. Prior to joining PIERS and The Journal of Commerce he worked for the independent research firm Dealogic, Inc., as a fixed-income analyst, and prior to that as a financial consultant for RBC Wealth Management. In his current role, Mr. Moreno is the lead researcher and writer for the quarterly JOC Container Forecast, the quarterly JOC Port Forecast, and the monthly JOC Insights, a multi-modal, data-driven analytical report.
- Keep up to date with the latest economic and trade data from the JOC
- Stay informed with forward looking analysis from the JOC’s expert economist
- Use valuable data and analysis to support your business decisions