This event represents a cooperative effort between MexicoNow and the new Borderplex Alliance. A supply chain is a system of organizations, people, technology, activities, information and resources involved in moving a product or service from supplier to customer. Supply chain activities transform natural resources, raw materials and components into a finished product that is delivered to the end customer.
What: Supply Chain Summitre presents the opportunity for El Paso, Ciudad Juarez and other regional manufacturers and suppliers to expand business activity. More than 50 Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) plan to have buyers attend to meet with participants in scheduled meetings. Additionally, nearly a dozen breakout sessions will feature bi-national business, financial sector and other leaders offering details about economic trends and potential that could mean additional business and jobs for El Paso, Ciudad Juarez and southern New Mexico.
Why: Trade through El Paso/Ciudad Juarez and the local supply chain represents tens of billions of dollars yearly for the economies of both cities. The rebound in maquiladora production and diversification in Ciudad Juarez and elsewhere in Mexico represents major opportunity for El Paso/Ciudad Juarez businesses to expand and strengthen their customer base. This news conference will be a media opportunity to learn more about the regional implications and opportunities, as well as a signal to local businesses to be ready to participate.
- International trade across local ports of entry topped $82 billion last year.
- Maquiladoras use many billions of U.S.-made components every year; great potential for El Paso and region.
- The 50 OEM buyers for B2B sessions offer opportunity for El Paso area manufacturers and suppliers, regardless of size. Niche opportunities exist.
- Growth, diversification in manufacturing in Ciudad Juarez and other “clusters” in Mexico creates raw material and component demand through the supply chain.
- Industry and business experts “tell it like it is” and offer insights for business success.
- Additional details for attendees and media may be found through http://www.mexicosupplychainsummit.com/