HYDERABAD, India — Gati Ltd, India’s pioneer in Express Distribution and Supply Chain Solutions received the “Dataquest Business Technology Excellence Awards 2012” for their overall excellence in the use of business technology. Gati was amongst the very few who to also receive another award the “Dataquest Technology Innovation Award 2012” for the ‘Mobility’ segment.
Launched by Cyber Media, 'DQ LIVE' is a forum for leaders in business technology and a platform to create value to business through IT. The Dataquest Business Technology Excellence Awards were given to recognize IT's role as enabler in business strategy and leadership in business technology.
Gati has always been cutting-edge organization, supported by a strong technology back bone and a disaster recovery centre. Every technological endeavor is designed to make every customer interface easy and efficient, and to put customers in complete control. Technology has been the core of the operational effectives and efficiencies at Gati. In the year 2003 Gati launched - Gati Enterprise Management System(GEMS), the first of its kind end-to-end cargo management system.
One of the recently launched initiatives has been the innovative way of using a mobile phone and a mobile printer to capture docket (AWB) details and print barcode package sticker at the point of pick up in real time. From 2009 onwards Gati has been using another innovative method of capturing delivery information and also the image of proof-of-delivery almost real time using a low end hand held device.
- State of Art Data Centre with full redundancy
- Enterprise class Servers and Storage
- Disaster Recovery Site for key applications
- Robust Network connecting all offices to support operations 24 X 7
- Gati Enterprise Management System (GEMS)
- Oracle Financials
- e-BizNet (Warehouse Management System)
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Mobile Applications
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Vehicle Tracking System (VTS)
- IVR enabled toll free number – Multilanguage support
- Shipment Tracking information – IVR , SMS, E-mail , website , Customer login and webservices
- Customer’s and partner’s system integration for seamless data transfer
Awards and Recognitions
- Champion CIO Award in 2005 & 2009 by CIOL & Dataquest
- CIO - Ingenious 100 in 2009 by CIO Magazine (IDG Group)
- IT User Award (NASCOM -CNBC -TV18) in 2009 for Logistics Vertical
- CIO Agile – 100 in 2010 by CIO Magazine (IDG Group)
- CTO of the Year (2nd Runner Up) in 2010 by CTO Forum
- EDGE 2010 & 2011 Award by Information Week
- CIO 100 – 2012 by CIO Magazine (IDG Group)
Commenting on the Award Mr. G.S Ravi Kumar, Chief Information Officer, Gati Ltd. said, “We are extremely happy to receive the prestigious Dataquest Technology Excellence Award & Technology Innovation Award for Mobilty Category. At Gati, Technology has always been at the core of our operations. We take pride in constantly innovating and finding an Indianised solution in most cases and automating processes that help our internal and external customers to stay ahead in their business.”