LONG BEACH, CALIF., AND MUMBAI, INDIA – April 16, 2014 – DGX-Dependable Global Express (DGX), a leader in international shipping and freight specializing in global ocean and air freight, proudly announces the opening of DGX Logistics India Pvt. Ltd, in the heart of Mumbai. Conveniently centered in the economic capital of India, the new operations will be spearheaded by Raj Dias, DGX’s new Vice President of Global Development.
Dias will focus on India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, as well as intra-Asia Trade between South Asia and the rest of Asia. Strategically, Dias will work with all of DGX's Country Managers in and around Asia and USA Trade Lane Managers to establish an intra-Asia, South Asia to Europe, and Middle East to North Africa trade. He also will develop a U.S. Import/Export Trade to and from India.
Dias has an extensive freight forwarding background. Prior to joining DGX, he served as Vice President - South Asia with C.H. Robinson / Phoenix International. He also was with EXEL PLC, where he served in various capacities, including Trade Lane Manager Japan/India, General Manager Tokyo and Nagoya, Vice President Heartland Region in Cleveland Ohio, Vice President Midwest Region - Chicago, and Vice President Western Region - Los Angeles.
“In keeping with our core value of providing the highest level of customer support and staying ahead of changing market conditions, DGX has deemed it vital to develop an even stronger presence in Asia, the fastest-growing market in the world,” said Raj Dias, DGX Vice President Global Development. “In India, rising investments, rapidly evolving regulatory policies, mega infrastructure projects and several other developments, especially in the supply chain of agricultural produce, are presenting tremendous growth opportunities for DGX and we’re excited to expand our services in that region.”
The new Mumbai office will be managed by Ms. Sangeeta Choudhary and a team of local India logistic experts who will work closely with DGX around the world.
DGX currently has offices in the United States, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, American Samoa, Australia, and the Philippines, with 30 ocean contracts worldwide. Since its inception, DGX’s hallmark of continued success has been outstanding and reliable service, backed by quicker container transit, superior personalized customer support and tracking, a unique cargo care process providing top-of-the-line freight forwarding, as well as in-house handling and delivery networks.
About The Dependable Companies
Established in 1950, The Dependable Companies has grown to include five integrated global logistics and transportation companies that seamlessly work together to deliver end-to-end supply chain solutions. As a strong, stable business, with a 60+ year history, The Dependable Companies are committed to continuing to build on its longstanding reputation for integrity, service and diversity - The "Dependable Difference."
Worldwide offices are located in the U.S. and throughout the Pacific Rim, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, India and Latin America. The Dependable Companies divisions and their service offerings include:
- DGX (Dependable Global Express, Inc.) - an international ocean and air freight forwarder and NVOCC (non-vessel operating common carrier)
- DHX (Dependable Hawaiian Express) - providing domestic ocean and air freight forwarding services
- DHE (Dependable Highway Express) - a LTL (less than truckload) and FTL (full truck load) transportation services company throughout the 11 Western states. DHE also provides continental U.S. rail services and container drayage services within California.
- DDC (Dependable Distribution Centers) - delivering warehousing and distribution services in the Western United States
- DLS (Dependable Logistics Solutions) - providing intermodal services, trucking freight forwarding and FTL brokerage, and 3PL (third party logistics) solutions, including supply chain consulting within the U.S.