- Event held in CEVA’s first Center of Logistics Excellence, Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.
- IAG Cargo/British Airways crowned CEVA’s Global Supplier of the year.
Hoofddorp, the Netherlands, 18 September, 2013 – CEVA Logistics, one of the world’s leading supply chain companies, today announced the winners of its third annual Global Supplier Awards, with IAG Cargo/British Airways being crowned overall winner, named CEVA’s Global Supplier of the Year.
Held in CEVA’s first Center of Logistics Excellence in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S., where supply chain excellence is brought to life, the day culminated in a gala dinner and awards ceremony at the Players Club (TPC) Sawgrass.
CEVA’s CEO Marv Schlanger said: “Excellence really was the theme of the day; starting with the opportunity for us to bring supply chain excellence to life at our Center of Logistics Excellence and ending with the recognition of outstanding performances among our supplier community. Congratulations to each and every one of our winners, especially IAG Cargo. The partnership with our suppliers is what allows CEVA to continue to deliver impeccably for our customers around the world.”
Suppliers recognized for their excellence in delivery and continued support of CEVA’s commitment to provide impeccable execution for its customers were:
- Americas Supplier of the Year Penske Truck Leasing
- Air Supplier of the Year IAG Cargo/British Airways
- Asia Pacific Supplier of the Year Overland Total Logistics (OTL)
- Ocean Supplier of the Year Safmarine
- Technology Supplier of the Year Sprint Nextel
- Europe Supplier of the Year Jungheinrich
- Road Supplier of the Year TNT Express
- Special Commendation AKNO Business Parks
- Global Supplier of the Year IAG Cargo/British Airways
The Special Commendation award was presented to AKNO Business Parks in recognition of its support of CEVA in the development of a strong presence in key markets in Italy through both the City of Books, the largest publishing hub in Europe, and this year the City of Pharma, a pharmaceutical hub located at the focal point of Italian logistics flows and the intersection of major Italian communication, rail and road routes. This allows CEVA to reach approximately 13,000 pharmacies, 500 hospitals and 400 wholesalers, with a total of about 350,000 shipments per year.
CEVA’s first Center of Logistics Excellence opened in February 2013 and demonstrates ‘real world’ logistics innovation through supply chain optimization and enhanced visibility, integrated services and technology solutions to power supply chain efficiency and allows organizations to see impeccably executed supply chains in action.
Examples of innovative solutions showcased at the Center include:
- CEVA e-fulfilment Solution – a standardized e-commerce solution designed to increase end-consumer satisfaction and provide a highly positive online shopping experience, available for companies ranging from e-commerce start-ups to experienced online global players
- CarbonView – Bespoke carbon emissions reporting system, a unique approach based on actual shipping data, not averages
- Control Towers – Accurate, punctual and reliable centralized systems managing and controlling transport and security logistics activities for greater visibility and real-time information, worldwide, 24/7
CEVA - Making business flow
CEVA Logistics, one of the world’s leading non-asset based supply chain management companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 50,000 employees in over 160 countries are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply chain solutions across a variety of sectors where CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network. For more information, please visit www.cevalogistics.com