Irvine, California -- Encompass Global Logistics LLC, a fast-growing 3PL that is ranked among the top 20 operators in the Transpacific trade, announced today the launch of a cargo-management mobile application for use on all iPhone, iPad and iPod products. The application can be downloaded free of charge from the iPhone app store and iTunes starting today.
Privately-held Encompass is one of the first logistics providers to develop and launch a mobile app that gives both exporters and importers greater control and flexibility over their shipments. “We are thrilled to be among the first international 3PL providers to offer a robust and content-rich, cross-platform mobile app that works with any smartphone,” says Asa Cheng, CEO of Encompass. “Shippers now can take charge of their own decisions, in the palm of their hand, to plan ahead, schedule the fastest transits and reduce any unnecessary shipping costs.”
The Encompass mobile app allows users to:
- Access the latest sailing/freight schedules for ocean and air in order to identify best transit times and routes.
- Track and trace shipments using Encompass’ proprietary information management services (IMS), known as Globe Trak.
- See the status of every shipment and create customized reports, such as exceptions to supply-chain milestones.
- Access House Bills of Lading (HBL), packing lists and commercial invoices, among other items.
- View a company’s background and look-up information about professional services such as transportation, consolidation and brokerage.
- Access a live customer-service representative as well as the latest industry news and service updates.
These capabilities instantly give shippers more control over their cargo and tremendous flexibility in moving freight, says Cheng. “We work in a business where product demand can change at a moment’s notice. Instead of being tied down to a computer, our customers now have the freedom and flexibility to access and track their shipments from anywhere in the world using this new mobile app.”
The application also “is an excellent way for the industry and for our customers to stay in touch with the latest service updates, plus news of the company’s developments across the globe,” says Cheng. “Technology will continue to play a vital role in the logistics industry to speed up the flow of goods worldwide and Encompass will continue to be on the leading edge.”
About Encompass Global Logistics LLC ("Encompass")
Encompass is a fast-growing, dynamic and privately-held 3PL that is ranked among the top 20 Transpacific operators between China and North America. With a well-established global infrastructure as part of the Gong Brothers Holdings International, Ltd. group of companies, Encompass offers customized end-to-end ocean and air services tailored to each shipper’s unique supply chain requirements. Encompass has strategic hub and office locations in North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, China and Australia/New Zealand, and extensive strategic expansion plans in the rapidly growing regions of India, South America, Turkey, South Africa and Vietnam.
In 2011, Encompass moved more than 75,000 TEUs worldwide, over 2 million kilos of air freight and has grown its revenue by 230% year over year since its start up. Encompass is owned and managed by a team of a highly experienced executives with a strong background in the international transportation and logistics industry.
Encompass works with over 18 carrier service networks to provide a diverse range of Fortune 500 companies with flexible and cost effective shipping options, including:
- Asia sourcing and supply chain management
- Vendor management
- Consolidation/P.O. management (Purchase Order Management)
- Asia warehousing/distribution
- Ocean services - globally
- Air freight services - globally
- US domestic warehousing
- US intermodal truckload/rail
- Customs House Brokerage
- Cargo insurance
- Consulting services
- Carrier agency representation
For more information, please visit www.encompassglobal.com.
Fun Mobile App Stats
- 66% of Americans ages 24-35 own a smartphone (Source: Nielsen, 2012)
- More than 33.3 million U.S. consumers already engage in shopping-related activities on their mobile phones, 7%, or 2.3 million, of those consumers have made a purchase on their devices, the report finds (Source: research firm Experian Simmons, 2011 Mobile Consumer Report)
- 41% of smartphone owners have made a purchase from their mobile phone. Of those, 16% bought apparel; 15% food and beverages; 11% toys and games; 11% electronics; 8% home goods; 4% sporting goods; 4% books; 3% jewelry; and 8% other products (Source: Chadwick Martin Bailey, 2011)
- 78% of retailers plan to invest in mobile this year (Source: The E-tailing Group Inc, 2011)
- 62% of smartphone users said they have purchased physical goods from their mobile devices in the last six months (Source: Adobe Survey, 2011)
- By 2015, it is predicted that mobile shopping will account for $163 billion in sales worldwide, 12% of global ecommerce turnover (Source: ABI Research, 2010)
- The mobile retail market is predicted to exceed $12 billion by 2014 (Source: Juniper Research, 2010)
- 73% of companies are planning an investment in mobile channels in 2011, with almost half planning to move into mobile commerce (Source: Econsultancy’s Customer Engagement Report)
- By 2015 consumers will spend about $119 billion on goods and services bought via their mobile phones. U.S. mobile shopping rose from $396 million in 2008 to $1.2 billion in 2009. Forcasted to reach $2.2 billion in 2010. (Mark Beccue, senior analyst at ABI Research, reported by Internet Retailer, 2010)
- The smartphone market is now larger than the PC market. Smartphones outsold PCs in Q4 of 2010 101 million to 92 million (Source: IDC)
- The number of Smartphone users worldwide is predicted to exceed 1 billion by 2014 (Parks Associates, 2010)
- Mobile is predicted to be bigger than internet in 5 years (Morgan Stanley, 2010)