With the proliferation of mobile applications and technology, logistics companies and their customers are quickly adopting this new way to access real-time information to enhance supply chain functionality, optimize results, and increase efficiency. Here are 10 reasons why you should, too:
1. It’s a fast and easy way to get an overview of the status of logistics services.
2. Access to shipment information any time and any place.
3. It offers great functionality on the go — for booking, reporting, tracking shipments and document handling.
4. On-the-go logistics professionals increase productivity and efficiency with easily accessed mobile supply chain tools.
5. They deliver business value by helping you serve your customers better.
6. They offer real-time decision-making, business intelligence and dashboards.
7. They offer real-time supply chain management.
8. A total global logistics tool; they’re not only for developed countries but also for emerging markets.
9. Usage is at no additional cost.
10. They allow you to stay connected and manage your supply chain no matter where you are.
In today’s fast-paced work environment mobile apps and technology offer businesses another way to improve the management of their logistics and supply chain operations to better serve customers and increase productivity.
Douglas Cole is marketing director for Damco in Madison, N.J. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.