- To optimize transportation management across its growing customer base, Averitt, a leading provider of freight transportation and supply chain management, implemented Oracle Transportation Management 6.1.
- To fulfill its vision to provide customized, turnkey solutions in a carrier-neutral environment, Averitt is utilizing the platform to provide transportation management services, including transportation sourcing, operational planning, load and network optimization, cooperative routing, fleet management, inventory visibility and freight payment.
- With Oracle Transportation Management 6.1, Averitt has a central platform that can manage transportation requirements on a global basis.
- Oracle Transportation Management 6.1 has allowed Averitt to optimize its customers’ supply chains, resulting in lower costs, better service, improved processes and increased visibility.
- In addition, the platform allows Averitt to consolidate multiple customer orders into a single shipment, providing visibility to order flow, and automating event management to support on time order delivery. The collaborative approach allows for enhanced asset utilization.
“We needed a transportation management platform to efficiently meet the complex and growing demands of our customer base,” said Dan Singer, vice president of supply chain solutions, Averitt. “With Oracle Transportation Management, we are now able to manage global transportation planning and execution for multiple clients using a single platform. This has helped us to improve turnaround time, lower transportation costs and increase productivity. Leveraging this technology investment and coupling it with our industry expertise to build a collaborative network has allowed us to enhance customer service and further differentiate our business.”
“We are excited about the way Averitt is taking Oracle Transportation Management to market,” said Derek Gittoes, vice president, logistics product strategy, Oracle. “Their carrier-neutral and collaborative approach to network design has the potential of creating enhanced utilization for their customers. During this time of economic volatility, tight capacity and increasing fuel prices, we believe shippers will be more open than ever to this type of collaboration.”
Celebrating 40 years of service in 2011, Averitt Express is a leading provider of freight transportation and supply chain management with international reach to more than 100 countries. The company is a founding SmartWaySM partner and a member of The Reliance Network, a network of carriers that provides seamless LTL services throughout North America. Averitt specializes in delivering customized solutions with a single source of accountability for service offerings that include cross border/domestic offshore, dedicated, expedited, intermodal, international ocean/air, local customization, less-than-truckload, PortSide®, transportation management, truckload (dry van, flatbed, refrigerated, brokerage), warehousing and value-added services, including a centralized call center, strict performance metrics and an ongoing focus on green/sustainability efforts. Averitt’s technology offerings include a full suite of web-based shipping tools, electronic data interchange (EDI), and transportation and operations management systems. For more information, call 1-800-AVERITT (283-7488) or visit www.averittexpress.com.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications